Friday, October 23, 2009

a little less than a happy high, a little less than a suicide


the dog is mine. don't you dare. don't you try.

because i can take you. and the dog is mine.

and i never thought he would be this way? and i never thought it would come to this?
and all my naive proclamations like oh no, not that, not us. we are kind people. we are adults. we made this decision together and we are going to be alright.

and what the hell did i know. why did anyone listen to me? how could i know i have never been divorced before. hell i married this guy. that's how good my judgment is. shit i once dated a guy who kicked me out of a moving car. don't listen to me. don't ask me. i don't know anything.

yesterday i would have told you that i was the most tired i have ever been but also the most full of hope. that i was on the brink of the best love. that i was on the brink of the best me. i would have asked you to be happy for me.

today i want to smash bottles on the street. i want a promise that i will land on my feet. so tell me something. tell me something else. because i am not in the mood but i might listen to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment