Monday, October 26, 2009

i will spend the rest of my life forgetting you

last night i sat in the bath til the water got cold and my fingers shriveled like raisins. i listened to the Saddest Songs. i cried until my face was wet and my throat felt dry.

it's not like these things go away.

it's not like you forget.

it's just the way it's going to be. and that gets easier. doesn't it?

and so. it's monday morning. the sun is shining. my desk at work is exactly the way i left it. the clients still call. the grants still need to be written. i am meeting friends in harvard square. will buy a wallet for him. some leggings for me. at 5:30 i have acupuncture. for lunch i will eat almonds. an apple. stupid everyday things.

and it reminds me. and it remembers me.

and some times everything is the same and that is okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment