Wednesday, May 25, 2011

menopause SUCKS

well friends, i am not gonna cushion this. menopause sucks. my therapist says to transition easily you need to allow yourself to let go and "ride the wave" but it's a wave of shit and my phases are all messed up because i am supposed to be enjoying the rich sex life that age and experience and estrogen give you in your thirties not applying cream to my cooch and laying sleepless in bed feeling so electric i want to crawl out of my skin.

getting through this bull shit with my leg has taken every single coping mechanism i have in the bag. this medication takes them away from me. and it's hard to get through an illness when you have not even a string to hold on to.

so what they say is true my lady friends. things that used to make me feel annoyed make me feel infuriated. i can't sleep. my skin, my body, my privates are dry. i can't eat a warm meal with out breaking out into a sweat and turning bright red (hot flashes are so fun). and it's always pleasant to wake up at 3 am in clothes that are so wet you feel like you just took a shower in your clothes. and you are hot but also cold.

the doctors say this is worse than the real deal since mine was chemically brought on over night and the real deal comes over over 10 years.

i hope that's true. because i seriously don't know if i can do even another week of this let alone six weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment