Wednesday, March 10, 2010

I'm Sorry

Mama Please don't tell me
that this is what I'll do
Cause the days have grown much longer
since I said good bye to you

So tell me you're sorry
or tell me that you're scared
or tell me your story
and I'll take better care

And Father can't you scold me
the way that you used to do
tell me of the forrests
and all the things you do

And tell me you're sorry
and tell me you're scared
and tell me your stories
so I'll take better care

I hurt him in the morning
and I felt quite alone
And I knew he was stronger
than tea leaves and poems

And I know that I'm sorry
I have always been scared
And there's no time for stories
But next time I'll take better care

So leave here or hold me
Or do what you must do
But always remember
The ways that I loved you.

No comments:

Post a Comment