Thursday, March 4, 2010

south




So I have been out of town. Santa Monica for pleasure and now New Orleans for work though we have had time to slip out for a swamp tour and a really depressing IMAX film about Katrina. It's been good to get away. To get some perspective. To feel less of that weight that woke me some nights. I am thinking of going to law school. Joe is looking at film school. I can picture our future full of late nights and hard work but it all feels so happy when I let myself believe.

I always wanted to be a lawyer but decided it wasn't practical. I spent so many days sick. I thought I might be too tired for those kind of work days.

But sometimes I want a profession that offers more challenge. And I am so good at the fight. That is what I do. I would be the kind of lawyer that helped people. Basically what I do now but with the power of "esquire" that "social worker" doesn't award.

I am excited to get home. To go to Joe's shows. To study for the LSAT's and to spend afternoons baking bread and dreaming of the places we will one day be....

1 comment: