Friday, December 18, 2009

Light


last night a drunk dial woke me in the middle of the night and i found myself crying before i even knew what was happening. i spent the better part of the early morning laying in bed wondering if this is how its gonna be again. how do you get it back? that safety, that peace, i worked so long and hard for. sometimes just getting out of bed in the morning feels like the hardest thing in the world to do. i feel bad. like physically bad. my stomach hurts. i can't sit still. it's like i can't think of one place, one person, one thing that could make me feel okay. so instead my own skin feels like it is suffocating me. my heart races. i lose my voice. my sweater feels like it is strangling me.

so breath deep. send your calm to me. remind me again how it is that i can be.

how time will tell.

how things get better when you just remember to hold on and let go.

or why don't you come here now.
and hold me.

No comments:

Post a Comment